Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Time is running out...

Clock by Junghans, circa 1890 - 1920

I've given my notice at my "day job".

This makes me very happy.  For the last year I've been working on average of seven days a week with my contracting work and the day job.  I'm at the point where I have to let one go and obviously it will be the day job.  This move gives me more flexibility and allows me to be with the CO Boy when I need to be as well as facilitate the expansion of my sister's business.

But getting out of here ain't easy.  My boss is a dear friend and as such, I've given a six-week notice so we can get someone in here.  But there's so much to wrap up.  So much to tell folks, like where the dead bodies are buried, etc. 

But I'm really happy with my decision and I feel it in my bones that it's the right thing to do.

Sidenote:  Is that clock gorgeous or what??  Sold for about $600 at auction.  That's a steal if you ask me.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

That's exciting news!! I would love a more flexible job, but I'm not complaining too much about the one I have. The clock is cute--but I wouldn't pay much for it since I don't have dachshunds.

Unknown said...

So happy that you've made this decision! It's exciting in several ways, not the least of which will be the possibility of getting back to artwork, writing. Are those in your plans?

LOVE the clock! You come up with the best dachshund pictures!

Arlene said...

I am planning on writing, artwork, etc. But just have to get through this next six weeks with day job, tea room, cub scouts!