Friday, September 7, 2012

Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic


I love the Will Rogers State Park.  It was one of my favorite places to go when I lived in L.A.  Will Rogers has a house on the property that is my dream home, actually.  Not all that big but just perfect and comfortable. 
 
He had two really neat features in the house.  One was the outside fireplace which had a ramada over it - perfect for entertaining.  The other was his upstairs office.  It had a private set of stairs leading out to the barn and he could escape if he didn't want to visit with whoever came calling.  He could see the stables from its second floor window.
 
Picture of Will's horse, Soapsuds, tied up at the house.  Just above him is the office window.
 
The fireplace outside.  Sigh..
 
The Stables are pretty impressive.  I could live in them-:).
 
All of the structures are beautiful but the land around them is simply fantastic.  Giant Eucalyptis trees line the trails and the ocean is just a ways down the road.
 
One day I'm going to the VC Polo Classic.  Mainly because I want the t-shirt and you can't buy it online.  An awfully expensive t-shirt-:).  But seriously, the game will be top notch and fast.  Now dealing with some of the spectators would be horrid (half of them don't even watch the match), but I'd do it for a chance to see those horses galloping at 35 mph, racing to the ball and scoring.  The Argentine Polo Players aren't bad to look at either.
 
With that, I leave you a photo of the Poster Child of Polo, Nacho Figueras.
He plays for Ralph Lauren's Black Watch Team
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Dolly said...

Oh, man, I haven't thought of this place in ages! I used to love to hike the trails.

PLUS a picture of Nacho Figueras! You do know your audience...!

Arlene said...

Always thinking of you :-) , dolly!