Thursday, August 4, 2011

The end of the road can't come too soon

Photo by Clifford Oto

I'm pretty much right here in terms of accomplishing everything I need to accomplish.  Sort of overwhelming and I'd like to just sit down in the middle of the road to be run over but, alas, one must attend to all commitments. 

School begins next Wednesday and I am beyond sad.  I do not want it to start and I mean that in the larger sense.  Everything becomes crazy once school begins:  School, homework, religious education classes, scouts, and then continuing with horses and guitar.  Somewhere in there, I'm supposed to clean my house, do the laundry, make dinner and go to work, as well as work at the tea room.  And then there's the Nissan Sentra-sized tire around my waist which needs some work, as well as the writing I long to do.

I think I need an attitude adjustment to get me through the next two months.  True, everything will still be at a frantic pace, but certain aspects of our lives, such as scouts and religious ed. will be off and running. 



I believe this will be me very soon.  I will send myself to bed and just read.  I'm due for one of those days/weekends.  A Pajama Day is coming soon.

But tonight we go to the county fair where I shall ride the rides with the CO Boy and watch the rodeo.  Sounds like fun to me!  However, I've scheduled an appointment with my chiropractor for tomorrow so he can undo the damage on my poor bones after being tossed around on the rides-:).


2 comments:

Margaret said...

I am SO with you on the feeling of dread about school, even though ours is several weeks away. I'm mentally unprepared for the stress, tiredness and frantic schedule. Spare tire here too and some back fat I don't like. Otherwise I look fine. GAHHH!!

Unknown said...

Good thinking ahead there with the chiropractor appt!

But I'm with you -- I was always sad when school started, not just because of the pace, but because I didn't want my kids to have to be on such rigid schedules, and because I would miss them being with me.

I'll bet that little CO Boy will be in the swing of things in no time, though....