Monday, April 23, 2012

Hunt and Peck

One word..
Think, think, think...
Another word...
More thinking...


The Colorado Boy now has an email account.  He reads the emails sent to him from his aunts and is delighted.  He insists on replying nightly.  But I'm about to poke my eyes out waiting for him to type in the words.  He doesn't yet know how to "type" and so every.single.word. is excruciatingly time consuming.  Of course he has to do this with supervision so I'm doing everything in my power not to push him aside and just type the damn emails myself.  I've never been patient...

Now I'm off to research the best keyboarding software for kids.  Saw a Sponge Bob program and wondered if it was any good.  Suggestions from anyone??



4 comments:

Margaret said...

That would drive me crazy too. I'm not a bit patient. :) I don't know anything about keyboarding programs.

Unknown said...

There is a free program at http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/ that gets lots of good reviews. I need to get the boy working on it soon just haven't added it yet.

denvetealady said...

What a good mom you are! Supervising and being patient, all at the same time. I promise it will be short-lived. He'll figure it out and be typing warp speed in no time!

Arlene said...

Ami, thanks for the recommendation. I'll check that one out.